четверг, 20 марта 2014 г.

How I Got Rid Of Arm Flab In Time For Summer

How I Got Rid Of Arm Flab In Time For Summer

I’ve never been a woman who wanted a rock hard body worthy of fitness competitions. To me, so long as everything doesn’t flap too long after I stop walking, I’m happy. As I’ve gotten older, things definitely aren’t as trim as they used to be, and after having my daughter? Forget about it. But just because I no longer care what others think of my less than toned abs, doesn’t mean I don’t care about my body and that I don’t want to feel good about myself. My personal hurdle has always been my arms. While I’m a naturally thin and petite person, my arms have always been a little extra fleshy. I don’t have spindly arms, and I often have to size up in T-shirts because they aren’t as thin as the rest of my body and the arms are too tight on me! So, I set out to tone my arms and I did it just in time for summer. Even though we are already there, you can still start this arm workout and start seeing results almost immediately, I promise! So how did I do it?


First off, I took a starting picture of myself because I wanted to see if the video workout I found really worked. There’s nothing worse than suffering through a painful workout, only to see no results, right? Here is my starting point and I took this photo on March 17:


arm flab

Next I started implementing the video I found immediately. How did I find the video? Oh, a skilled research. In other words, I found one on Pinterest, watched the video and determined I loved the instructor’s British accent. It also didn’t hurt that the video was around 12 minutes and I didn’t feel like I was about to die while doing it.


I started doing this workout with only 5lb weights because my goal was to slim down and tone. You are more than welcome to use bigger weights if you don’t feel enough resistance, but I highly suggest starting with 5lbs because some of these exercises use muscles you may not normally use and you’ll find that 5lbs is plenty.


I also did this workout no less than 4 times per week. Mamas- I’m a work from home (two jobs) mom and wife. I made it through a 3 month home construction project, preschool drop offs and pickups, swim lessons and a mom group during the time I did this workout. YOU CAN DO IT. DON’T make excuses! It’s only 15 minutes out of your day! You can do this while you’re waiting for dinner to come out of the oven, while you’re vegging and watching TV. If you want toned arms, you have to work for it!


The workout I used was XHIT Daily’s “How To Lose Arm Fat” and is found on YouTube. It has over 22 MILLION views, only takes TWELVE MINUTES and I’ve pasted it for you below!



Now, the reason I’m sure you’re all here is because you probably want to see if it really worked right? IT DOES! I’ve NEVER been so diligent with both doing this workout and taking progress pictures along the way. They make all the difference. If you feel like you are losing steam or motivation, start taking progress photos. You will see any change as a positive reason to keep going. About halfway through my goal, I picked up a bad case of the flu that lasted almost two weeks. I didn’t work out at all during that time, but looking at my progress pics helped me pick up where I left off.


This is my 1 month progress comparison and even though I wouldn’t call the changes dramatic, you can definitely start to see muscle definition. The photo on the right was taken April 15:


arm flab

At the two month mark I really started to see that my arms were THINNER. I also didn’t realize how much my shoulder muscles would change, but I have to say- I’m digging it! The photo on the right was taken May 21:


arm flab

This is my most up to date progress at three months and the photo on the right was taken June 8 (technically 12 weeks from my starting point):


arm flab

And just for fun, I put together this collage so you can see my progress a little easier. I didn’t take photos every week (thank you, flu) but I have to say that I can definitely see my arms change in a dramatic way over these last three months!


arm flab

I’m super proud of myself for sticking to this workout routine and you know what? I’m not done. Because this is such a low impact workout, I plan to continue it so I can keep my arms fab- not flabby!


I would love for other mamas to join me, and I’m happy to answer any questions you have! Get working- you can do it!


arm flab

Original article and pictures take lifeasmama.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий