пятница, 22 июня 2012 г.

Arm Toning Workout

Arm Toning Workout

Hiiiiiii! So sorry for being MIA for the past two days. Actually, I’m not that sorry–I’m trying to be more lax about my posting schedule. *Trying* is the key word there We’ll see how that goes… I like to share either A) valuable information and/or B) life’s musings, and today I’ve got a pretty valuable post for ya–my favorite arm toning workout.


Toned Arms Workout4

I believe wholeheartedly that switching up your workout routine is crucial and important in seeing results and avoiding exercise boredom. HOWEVER, I tend to have a few favorite arm exercises that “get me” every time! “Get me” meaning they challenge me and continue to work my muscles time and time again. NOTE: if an exercise ever seems too easy, try upping the weight. I know that seems like common sense, but sometimes we get stuck in our ways and are so used to grabbing the X pound dumbbells that we forget that we can use other weights..


Soooo with that being said, I challenge you to “up” your weight on some of these exercises. We all have our strengths and weaknesses (for example, my biceps are stronger than my shoulders, so I upped my weight when working my biceps and stuck to my standard weight when working my shoulders). If you don’t know what you’re regular weight is, try the exercises with different size dumbbells! You’ll never know until you try. I tend to switch between 10 lb, 12.5 lb and 15 lb weights depending on the exercise I’m doing. Not everyone will use those size weights though (obvi) so make sure to find the weight that is comfortable yet challenging for you


I’d recommend doing 10-12 reps of each exercise and then completing the circuit 3x through. The last rep should be difficult for you to complete (because you are pushing yourself) and if it’s not, up your weight Gina wrote a really great post about building arm muscle, which you can read here.


Arm Toning Workout
Please ignore my seriously embarrassing face…

Overhead press: Holding one dumbbell in each hand, bend your arms and bring your fists up next to your face, almost as if you’re making a football field goal post with your arms. Using your shoulders, straighten your arms above your head and lower slowly back down to the original “field goal” position.


Tricep extensions: Standing in a lunge position, place the dumbbell in your left hand and rest your right forearm on your right quad. Using your tricep, extend your arm with the dumbbell (in this case your left arm) until it is behind you and then bring it in beside you again. After you complete reps on the left side repeat on the right. (You may also use a bench for these rather than lunging)


Bicep curls: (I do one arm at a time but you may do both at the same time if you prefer): In a standing position, place one dumbbell in your right hand and, using your bicep muscle, “curl” so that the dumbbell is up by your arm pit and slowly lower back down. *try to keep the dumbbell facing forward rather than out to the side*


Standing one-arm tricep extension: Start with your arm overhead and one dumbbell in your hand. Bend your elbow so that the weight is slightly behind your head and then bring the weight back up above your head. Repeat on both sides.


Bench press: Who says you need an actual bench?! If you’re doing this exercise at home, feel free to use a table or a stability ball instead. Lying flat on your back with one dumbbell in each hand, press upward until your arms are fully extended and then slowly lower back down. That is one rep.


Plank dumbbell row: Start in an upward plank position with the dumbbells underneath your hands. Lift your right arm up, bend your elbow and bring it up next to you, and then place it back down beside you, all while holding your abs tight. Repeat on the left side.


I did this exact workout yesterday morning at the gym and, as expected, my arms are sore today. YAYZ. Happy Friday loves! My friend is going to be in town so I’m very excited for a fun and productive weekend Xoxo


Q: Plans for this weekend? What is your #1 favorite arm exercise?


Original article and pictures take thealmondeater.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий